Read this before posting in the extended fasting subforum!

For discussion of multi-day fasting, fasts over 24 hours and up to a week. Note that discussion of fasting longer than 7 days is not permitted.
jpatti
Site Admin
A1c: 5.5%

Read this before posting in the extended fasting subforum!

Post by jpatti »

Dr. Fung, the foremost expert on fasting, suggests that no one should fast beyond a week without medical supervision. I'd add that your doctor just saying "OK," if they aren't trained in fasting medicine, is not sufficient.

Given I've no way of verifying your medical supervision and don't wish to promote unsafe practices here, discussion of fasting longer than 7 days is not allowed here. This is a tad hypocritical of me given I began my journey with an 11 day fast, but I was monitoring my BP and bG regularly and was thoroughly familiar with the electrolyte issues. But even though I did that myself, I don't recommend it.

Obviously, I can't *stop* you fasting however long you wish, but discussion of extended fasting here must not exceed 7 days. Thanks for your cooperation.

There's another very good reason not to just fast ourselves straight out of diabetes and obesity: we need to learn habits for the future. Amanda explains this well.
My diabetes is in remission; yours can be too! :D
Links: blog, youTube channel,
ELAB store with: Jump Start, Ridiculously Big Salad, The Cooked RBS and Psychology

KICK DIABETES TO THE CURB :!: